The NALIP 2012 Latino Media Market (LMM) is designed to bring funders, studio executives, distributors, dealmakers, agents, mentors and employers together with NALIP members and their projects.The LMM consists of a meeting series for up to 30 selected projects. Filmmaker participants meet one-on-one with industry representatives who can provide sound advice on how to advance their project to the next level. If your project meets the specific needs of the company, this can potentially open a window for your project to grow into a commissioned pilot, or obtain broadcast licenses or completion funds.
Postmark Deadline for Submissions is Friday, February 24, 2012. Selected projects will be notified by March 20, 2012.
The LMM is a NALIP Signature Program created for NALIP members attending the NALIP 2012 conference with qualified projects in the following categories:
– Low-Budget Features in Development or Pre-production
– Documentary Works-In-Progress
– Non-Scripted Series Ideas
Meetings will be held on April 13-14, 2012 during the NALIP 2012 Conference
All Applicants must be current NALIP Members – Not a member? Become part of our growing organization at: www.nalip.org
LMM applicants must meet all the category requirements for the selected track and have filmmaking experience. Applications must be accompanied by all materials required for this application, including the signed Release Form and the $50 non-refundable application processing fee.
– LMM accepted Participants will be required to attend a mandatory Orientation and Pitch Strategy session on Friday April 13, 2012 From 10:00 am to 12:00 noon. LMM meetings will begin promptly at 12:30 pm. Participants must arrive at the Sheraton Universal Hotel in Universal City, CA on Friday, April 13 by 9:00 am for conference and LMM check-in.
– All submitted materials must be in English. If the project (script and/or DVD) is in Spanish, please include English subtitles and/or the translated version.
– IMPORTANT NOTE: All applicants accepted to the Latino Media Market MUST register to the NALIP 2012: Diverse Voices, Universal Content national conference. The $50 Latino Media Market application fee will be credited towards a conference registration at the Early Bird rate.
For those not accepted to the Latino Media Market, NALIP wants to support your career! If you’d like, NALIP will credit your $50 Latino Media Market application fee toward a conference registration at the Early Bird rate. You don’t want to miss this weekend of networking opportunities, panels, workshops and special events!
This program is made possible by the generous support of: